How do they work?
The vehicle disinfection package is made up of four 180 x 90 cm disinfectant mats which are arranged to provide complete tyre coverage.
The disinfectant mats have two parts:
- A 4cm thick, high density foam pad in a tough non-slip cover, designed to withstand heavy loads.
- A unique waterproof sleeve to hold in the liquid. The sleeve is removable to allow thorough cleaning, which is not possible when the sleeve is sewn onto the pad.
Each mat holds between 45 and 60 litres of disinfectant, the four mats hold between 180 and 240 litres altogether.
When used for vehicle disinfection, our mats:
- Use 75% less solution than a conventional dip
- Are suitable for all disinfectants
- Are completely mobile and can be used on any flat surface
These vehicle mats are not a permanent, long-term disinfection solution for areas of heavy traffic. They are ideal for events, short-term disease outbreaks or carrying in a van which needs to enter bio-secure areas.
Vehicles must pass over the centre of the mats in a straight line at NO MORE THAN 5 MILES PER HOUR or they will damage the mats. We recommend using barriers to slow and straighten vehicles as they approach the mats. An A2 size warning sign is included in every pack.