Cows begin to suffer from heat stress when the building temperature reaches 24°C and stress becomes severe at 32°C, not uncommon during a good summer in the UK. Stress and humidity can reduce milk production and pregnancy rates in cows and lead to respiratory problems in calves.
These circular blast fans for cow and calf barns are usually suspended above the cows using chains attached to the barn beams. The fans move a high volume of air for approximately 20 metres over the cows which keeps them cool, increases evaporation and disperses the flies.
The fans particularly suit smaller or low-roofed buildings such as calf sheds, milking parlours and holding areas. For larger or higher-roofed livestock barns we recommend HVLS ceiling fans – please give us a ring on 01327 300 395 to find out more.
- 380V three phase electricity supply required
- 900mm diameter fan
- Electric motor 0,55 KW, 930 RPM
- Shaft diameter 19mm with reinforced bearings
- Absorbed current 1.2A
- Airflow rate 22.250 m3/h
- Galvanised steel hub and components
- 5 adjustable high performance blades
- 2 steel safety nets, with electrostatic coating epoxy polyester type
- Installation fixings included