This disinfectant mat will disinfect most types of footwear without splashing, as shown here:
How do the mats work?
The disinfectant mats have two parts:
- A 4 cm thick, high density foam pad in a tough non-slip cover
- A unique waterproof sleeve to hold in the liquid.
The thick foam pad holds 45-60 litres of disinfectant. This is transferred evenly onto the boot or hoof as it presses into the pad. The mats are easy to top up while in use and easy to clean afterwards using a pressure washer.
Our disinfection mats:
- Use 75% less solution than a foot bath with no splashing and complete coverage
- Are suitable for all disinfectants
- Are completely mobile; use them on any flat surface
- Are environmentally friendly; the sleeve prevents the disinfectant leaking into the surrounding area
- Are easy to clean with a power-washer, unlike similar mats with sewn-in pads
- Last for years.
Who uses the mats?
The mats are used to protect stables, dairies, fish farms, poultry sheds, food factories, horticulture units, vet practices, zoos, farm parks and at agricultural events and farm open days.
Currently being used to reduce the risks of bird flu, swine fever, equine herpes, equine flu and strangles, we have been selling these mats for over 20 years; Dairy companies, the National Trust, major race courses, DEFRA and even a film set used them extensively during the foot and mouth crises in 2001 and 2007.