This disinfectant mat is suitable for disinfecting most types of footwear as shown here:
How do the mats work?
The disinfectant mat has two parts:
- A 4cm thick, high density foam pad in a tough non-slip cover
- A unique waterproof sleeve to hold in the liquid.
The pad holds 10-15 litres of disinfectant which is transferred evenly onto the boot or shoe. It is easy to top up the disinfectant level while the mat is in use.
Our disinfectant mats:
- Use 75% less solution than a footbath with no splashing and complete coverage
- Are suitable for all disinfectants
- Are completely mobile; use them safely on any flat surface
- Are environmentally friendly; the sleeve prevents the disinfectant leaking into the surrounding area
- Have removable sleeves which can be power-washed. This is not possible in mats with sewn-in pads.
Who uses the mats?
Customers use these mats to improve biosecurity in dairies, fish farms, poultry sheds, food factories, horticulture units, vet practices, at agricultural events and farm open days.
We have been selling these mats in the UK for over 20 years; during the foot and mouth crises in 2001 and 2007 they were used by big dairy companies, the National Trust, major race courses, DEFRA and even a film set. More recently they are helping to reduce the risk from avian flu, swine flu, equine flu and strangles.
During the current pandemic care homes, schools, nurseries, dentists and many other service businesses have used our mats to give extra protection to their premises.
If you are unable to buy online, please call us or email your order to email@example.com and we will send you a pro forma invoice which can be paid by BACs. We will dispatch the product once we receive payment.