These LED barn lights are specifically designed to work in an agricultural environment. We supply them in two power levels:
- A 100W light which will replace a conventional 300W light
- A 150W light which will replace a conventional 450W light
Both products have:
- 5 year warranty
- Over 50,000 maintenance-free burning hours (13 years at 12 hours a day)
- IP 65 rating: waterproof, dustproof, vibration and shock proof
- Efficient heat dissipation to keep temperature below 26°C
- Flat surfaces to minimise dust
- 120° beam angle
- Quick and simple installation with safety chain
Benefits of LED lights
Compared with conventional lights, LED lights:
- Produce even high quality light, similar to natural light which is less stressful for livestock and easy to work in.
- Use 70% less power
- Last for at least 50, 000 hours without maintenance (that’s over 12 years at 12 hours a day).
- Switch on and off instantly with no flickering
- Do not attract flies as they emit no UV light
How many lights do I need?
The number of lights you need depends on several factors – in particular the height you are going to hang them, the light level you need and how even you want the light level to be.
As a guide, a 100W LED light hung at 6m will light up a circle roughly 11.6m (38ft) in diameter. The light at the outside of the circle will be bright enough to read small printed text.
A 150W LED light at 6m will light up a circle roughly 14.7m (48ft) in diameter.
This light plan shows how 4 x 150W LED lights hung at 6m will give good working light in a 46.3m x 18.5m building.
We are happy to give you advice on the number of lights you will need for your particular requirements and can supply a plan showing the best way to install our lights when you buy them.
Enhanced Capital Allowance
These LED barn lights are eligible for the Enhanced Capital Allowance scheme which allows businesses to write off 100% of the cost in the first year to help cash flow. Give us a ring if you’d like more details.
|Traditional Lamp Replacement||300W||450W|
|Recommended Installation Height||4 – 5.5 metres||5.5 – 6 metres|
|Number of LED Chips||196||210|
|Nominal Voltage||100-240/277 VAC||100-240/277 VAC|
|Luminous Flux||up to 13,000lm||Up to 19,500lm|
|Power Factor / Driver Efficiency||>.95 / >93%||>.95 / >93%|
|Dimensions||300 x 192mm||380 x 206mm|
|Colour Temperature||5000K (daylight)||5000K (daylight)|
Dimmable Lights and Controllers
We also have dimmable 100W and 150W LED lights and simple controllers in stock. Please email or call us for details and prices.